All events are free unless otherwise noted.
Thursday, Sept. 24
- Altadena's Eddie King directs "The Andersonville Trial," Thurs.-Sat. at 8 PM and Sun. at 2 and 7:30 PM at the Forum at All Saints Church, 132 E. Euclid, Pasadena. Suggested donation is $10, going toward the Peace & Justice ministry at All Saints.
Friday, Sept. 25
- Altadena Library's Friday Fun Flick: "The Battle for Terra," 3:30-5:30 PM at the Altadena Main Library, 600 E. Mariposa.
Saturday, Sept. 26
- The Altadena NAACP health fair, 10 AM-4 PM, at the Altadena Community Center, 730 E. Altadena Dr. There will also be panels and presentations on Alzeheimer's disease (10 AM), kidney disease and transplant presentations (12 PM), and AIDS/HIV (2 PM).
- AND, the Altadena Senior Center, 540 E. Mariposa, is also having a health fair, from 9 AM-noon, in partnership with Forest Lawn Memorial Parks and Mortuaries. Many service providers and vendors who cater to the senior community will be present. Free health screenings, giveaways, and more will be provided to attendees. A complimentary continental breakfast will be offered to the first 100 attendees. Seniors and caregivers are invited! Admission is free. For more information, contact Michelle Harris or Kathryn Garnett-Thompson at (626) 575-0505.
- Play It Safe Emergency Expo at Verdugo Hills Hospital, 1812 Verdugo Rd., Glendale, 10 AM-3 PM.
- Two events at the Altadena Library: At 10 AM, Join us for Saturday Family Storytime: stories, songs, and fingerplays followed by a Scholastic film adaptation of an award-winning, classic children’s picture book. Appropriate for children ages 2-8 years and their families. At 11 AM, read to Pearl, a rescued poodle, as part of Barks and Books.
- Please join the Covert Potters for a fun-filled afternoon at Farnsworth Park from 1-4 PM. For $40, you get a delicious meal and your choice of ceramic plate on which to pile the food high. When you are done eating, you get to take the plate with you to enjoy for years to come. Each additional plate is $20 on the day of the event. Reservations requested: www.platepicnic.com.
- Brio Spa & Cafe with La Luna Negra are holding a "Sangria-Fest" at the spa, 2003 & 2009 N. Lake Ave. starting at 8 PM. ($20 donation, can pay at the door, but reservations are recommended: 626-296-9044). Local faves The Bohemian Soul Rustlers will provide music. Relax & enjoy!
Sunday, Sept. 27
- Storytelling Jam at Altadena Junction, 2524 & 2526 El Molino Ave., 7-8:30 AM. An evening of unique performers blending storytelling and music in an intimate setting. $10 Cover. RSVP Required. (626) 791-8586
Monday, Sept. 28
- Charles White Park meeting at Farnsworth Park: The second community meeting to discuss future improvements to Charles White Park will be held Mon. Sept. 28, at Farnworth Park, 7 PM. The meeting is sponsored by Congressman Adam Schiff and the LA County Dept. of Parks and Recreation. For more information, contact Al Evans at 661-510-4149.