The Altadena Town Council's monthly meeting (click on agenda to enlarge). Items of note:
- Results of the ethics investigation are postponed until next month.
- The C.A.R.E. outreach team (Public Works and Forest Service) will make a presentation on the initial damage assessments of the recent wildfire burn areas including impacts to transportation systems and the potential risk to the community from anticipated mud and debris flows.
- The Census Bureau will make a presentation on the upcoming 2010 count in Altadena. They are looking for community input to help them get a good count especially of hard to reach residents.
- Pasadena Council Member Jacque Robinson will talk about her effort to create a standing Children, Youth and Families Commission to address as-risk-youth concerns including gang violence.
- There is also a proposal to re-stripe North Lake Avenue from Altadena Dr. to the top at Loma Alta. Speed has always been a problem on this segment of the street and a traffic calming and speed reduction technique has been proposed . The plan is to reduce the street from four lanes to two lanes, with a two way left turn lane in the center.