The mission of this newly formed organization is to promote community and economic development and to promote community education and leadership development in order to empower the community to advocate on its behalf. Some of the organization’s goals include the following:
1. Promoting and enhancing citizen participation in decisions which affect the quality of life in Altadena.
2. Ensuring that Altadena residents are properly served with basic public services and facilities, including schools, health services, transportation, roadway maintenance, parks and recreation programs, businesses that are accessible and summer youth employment opportunities.
3. Working with local organizations to support the implementation of green spaces, neighborhood beautification and public art projects, youth education and the arts, increased access to technology training, and community gathering events.
4. Sponsoring/supporting cultural programs and activities that educate and enrich the lives of Altadena residents, especially its young people.
5. Serving as a community advocate to ensure accountability and integrity in the use of public funding for economic development projects.
The CDCA is seeking a diverse group of candidates for members of its board of directors who are bright, willing to explore all possibilities/”think outside the box”, energetic and enthusiastic about being of service to the Altadena community. It is looking to establish a board that is representative of a broad range of occupations, skills and Altadena’s diverse population. Prior service on a board of directors is desirable, but not necessary. In-service training workshops on board service and community development principles/practices will be provided for candidates selected to serve. Interested individuals who have what it takes should forward a letter of interest and resume to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.