Grocery store thefts and the loss of valuable coins break up the usual round of thefts from residences and vehicles this week. Crime blotter provided by Lt. Michael Allen of Altadena Sheriff Station.
7:45 PM – A shoplifting incident occurred at Ralph’s 2270 N. Lake Ave. Suspect was arrested and items recovered.
Tuesday, July 30
Between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM – A residential burglary occurred in the 800 block of E. Sacramento Street. Suspect(s) entered the location by prying the rear door. Loss: (3) bottles of wine.
Wednesday, August 1
Between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM – A residential burglary occurred in the 2100 block of New York Drive. Suspect(s) entered the residence by cutting the window screen. Loss: plastic cup containing currency.
4:45 PM – A commercial burglary occurred at Super King 2260 N. Lincoln Ave. Suspect was arrested and items recovered.
Thursday, August 2
Between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM – A petty theft from a vehicle occurred in the 300 block of Deodara Road. Loss: black Thule bicycle roof rack.
Between 3:30 PM and 7:00 AM (Friday) – A grand theft occurred in the 1700 block of E. Altadena Dr. Loss: silver/green Hitachi rotor hammer, blue Makita drill, blue Makita jackhammer.
Friday, August 3
9:25 AM – A vehicle was reported stolen from the 1700 block of Harding Av.
Saturday, August 4
A grand theft occurred in the 1200 block of E. Palm St. Loss: gold Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem medallion, gold coin w/cross, bronze coin w/cross, (500) Vatican coins, wooden box containing (500) misc. coins dated 1800’s to 1943, black attaché w/100 pieces of ivory & (50) pieces of jade. Incident occurred sometime in July 2012.
Personal Safety Tips in Your Car
- Always lock car doors after entering and before leaving your car. Keep them locked while driving.
- Have your keys ready as you approach your car.
- Always park in well lit areas.
- Do not leave any packages, mail or personal items exposed in plain view.
- If you suspect that you are being followed, drive directly to the nearest Sheriff's, Police or Fire station, or a well lit and populated location.
- Do not stop to aid stranded motorists. Place a call for assistance at the next populated stop.
- Keep your car in good working condition. Always travel with a full tank of gas in your car.