Yes it's hot out, but there's going to be plenty to do in air conditioned splendor or the cool of the evening this weekend. Here's what we've rounded up:
- Fancy Food Truck Friday brought to you by Webster's Community Pharmacy and Webster's Liquors, 5-9 PM, 2450 N. Lake Avenue
- While you're in the neighborhood, Webster's Fine Stationers features poet Aldonia Bailey and friends in a poetry slam event, starting at 6 PM. Webster's has also upped its offer -- get 25% off most everything in the store if you bring in a receipt that shows you shopped at another locally-owned Altadena business.
- Parking lot sale at Webster's Community Pharmacy, 2450 N. Lake Avenue. 50%-90% off seasonal merchandise to get ready for new stuff, 8:30 AM-4 PM.
- Local photographers John Balian and Edward Stepanian will be showcasing and selling their works at the Altadena Main Library Community Room , 600 E. Mariposa St., from 10 AM-4 PM in a fundraiser for the Altadena Library Foundation.
- Sgt. Pepper performs at the Sheriff's Support Group summer concert series at Farnsworth Park, 7 PM. Free.
- The Folly Bowl, 1601 E. Loma Alta Dr, features the funky sounds of The New Unpopable Quartet with Addi Somekh on balloon bass. $10 donation requested, bring a blanket or pillow, and pack out your picnic or the bears will do it for you. 7:30 PM.
- Bulgarini Gelato Italian dinner and a movie, "BellaMartha," Movie is free, and begins at dark. Dinner will be offered - by reservation only - for $13.50, which will include a homemade pasta dish, salad, and a drink (dinner starts at 7:30). Gelato available throughout. Reservations may be made by Friday (the day before the film) by email at email@example.com or by calling (626) 376-7662.