Vehicles seem to be getting the brunt of criminal's attention this week. Crime blotter provided by Lt. Michael White of Altadena Sheriff Station.
Sunday, July 22
Between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM (Monday) – A petty theft from an unlocked storage occurred in the 2100 block of Marengo Avenue. Loss: black leaf blower.
Between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM – A petty theft occurred in the 2300 block of N. Grandeur Avenue. Loss: yellow & black Champion gas generator.
Monday, July 23
7:53 AM – A pink and purple Magna single speed bicycle was found in the area of Highview Avenue. & Altadena Drive.
Between 6:30 PM and 11:00 AM (Tuesday) – A petty theft from an unlocked vehicle occurred in the 2300 block of Sinaloa Avenue. Loss: silver iPod, gray iPod Nano, currency.
Tuesday, July 24
Between 12:30 PM and 12:30 PM (Saturday) – A residential burglary occurred in the 100 block of E. Sacramento Street. Suspect(s) entered the location by prying the front door. Loss: none.
Between 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM (Wednesday) – A petty theft form an unlocked vehicle occurred in the 1300 block of E. Mendocino Street. Loss: personal documents.
Thursday, July 26
11:20 AM – A petty theft occurred at Ralph’s 2270 N. Lake Ave. Loss: bottle of Patron Silver tequila.
Friday, July 27
Between 7:30 PM and 11:15 PM – A residential burglary occurred in the 1900 block of Allen Avenue. Suspect(s) entered the location via the unlocked kitchen door. Loss: blue wallet, red wallet, black purse.
Between 10:30 PM and 1:30 AM (Saturday) – A vehicle vandalism occurred in the 2000 block of E. Altadena Drive.
Saturday, July 28
Between 1:00 AM and 6:30 AM – A residential burglary occurred in the 1300 block of Morada Place. Suspect(s) entered the residence by cutting a portion of the screen to access and unlock the door. Loss: gray Toshiba laptop, black Targus computer case.
12:28 PM – A vehicle vandalism occurred in the 700 block of Colman Street. (Suspect possibly known).
10:30 PM – A vehicle was reported stolen from the 3000 block of Olive Avenue.
****Personal Safety Tips In Your Home***
- Never open the door without knowing the person's identity. Do not be afraid to ask for some identification.
- Never let strangers into your home to use the phone. Make the call for them. Commit a mental description to mind.
- Before entering your home, have your keys ready before you reach the door.
- If you suspect someone is in your home, DO NOT GO IN. Get to a phone and dial 911.
- Install good locks on all doors and windows; use them. Never hide keys outside. Make sure your garage door is secure.
- Close your blinds or drapes at night. Always lock the doors.
- Do not let callers know you are home alone. Use "we" instead of "I". Never give out personal information over the phone.
- If you live alone, use a first initial with your last name on your mailbox or the phone directory listing.
- If you get an obscene call, hang up immediately and notify the Altadena Sheriff's station.