by TImothy Rutt
The Altadena Chamber of Commerce held its annual dinner Friday night to install new officers and honor the Citizen and Business of the Year.
Citizen of the Year for 2012 went to author/historian/activist Michele Zack, with Altadena Hardware, owned by the Orlandini family, named Business of the Year.
Besides the appreciation of the Chamber and the community, the Business and Citizen of the Year receive lots of things to hang on their wall. More pictures after the jump.
1. The Chamber officers are sworn in by Altadena Sheriff Capt. John S. Benedict, at the podium, who was apparently the only one with the authority to do this. Back row: Leslie Aiken, Daniel Harlow, Billy Malone; front row, Meredith Miller, Carrie Meyers, and Ed Meyers.
2. Ed Meyers is this year's Chamber President.
3. Congresswoman Judy Chu gives special recognition to the Citizen and Business of the Year.
4. Chu also honors the Chamber with special congressional recognition.
5. 2011 Citizen of the Year Bill Westphal introduces 2012 Citizen Michele Zack.
6. Zack implores Altadenans to work together for the common good.
7. Paula and Jim Orlandini of Altadena Hardware accept the Business of the Year award.
8. Store manager Jimmy Orlandini on the left joins his parents as Altadena Hardware is recognized by Town Council members: Dr. Sandra Thomas, Meyers, and Reginald Wilkins.
9. Jimmy Orlandini receives a commendation from Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich from Town Councilman Jamie Bissner.