by Timothy Rutt
Hope you're keeping cool, because it's been a busy weekend and it's not over yet!
1. The crowds gather for Fancy Food Truck Friday at the Webster's parking lot.
2. The fifth grade "McKinley Rock Stars" from McKinley Elementary School, led by teacher Raimer Rojas, get ready for another set as part of Fancy Food Truck Friday entertainment.
3. A percentage of proceeds from the food trucks and Webster's Community Pharmacy and Webster's Fine Wines & Spirits went to Danny's Farm. Hagrid the miniature horse is the newest addition to Danny's Farm's traveling petting farm.
4. Meanwhile, Elliot Gold holds court at Webster's Fine Stationers to talk about his photos and interviews with legendary rock performers in his book, Rememories.
The big event Saturday was the second annual LitFest Pasadena at Central Park. Alta-authors Jervey Tervalon and Michelle Huneven were in attendence, as well as these:
1. Michele Zack, far right, moderates on the intersection of history and fiction with (from left) Jay Wachtel, Mary Correy, and Daniel Howe.
2. Local authors Kat Ward (Amy's Own), Petrea Burchard (Camelot and Vine), and Altadenan Des Zamorano (Human Cargo) promote their books under Burchard's Boz Books flag (Boz is Petrea's fabulous dog).
3. Besides the Hariett Doerr and Julia Child Stages, commemorating two well-known Pasadena writers, there was also the Octavia Butler Stage, remembering Altadena's pioneering black female science fiction author.