Speakers will be Diane Marcussen, the new chair of the Altadena Town Council, and Kim Kenne, Pasadena Unified School District [PUSD] Board Member for District 1 in west Altadena.
ACONA members have long asked that the town council be more open and to responsive to issues they have in an interactive setting. For the September 24 meeting, Marcussen will address several of the issues raised by ACONA members, including:
- Altadena Town Council & Visioning Study update
- Interview the newly elected Town Council members
- Much more on CSD process and possibilities
- General planning update from visioning results
- A primer on how Altadena actually works, governance-wise that would help explain ineffectiveness of Town Council
- Making the Town Council accountable
- Why do the majority of our residents never hear from their census tract rep?
She will be joined by Sussy Nemer, field representative for County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich. Nemer will join Marcussen and assist ACONA members in determining what issues should be taken directly to the Town Council versus taken to the County Board of Supervisors.
Kim Kenne will address school issues affecting Altadena, including:
- Update on Common Core implementation
- Local Control Funding and Accountability Plan
- PUSD Master Planning