But first, a word from our sponsors:
- The Altadena Ale & Wine House is looking out for fans of the blues today. Just sayin'. Other Mules.
- The Arroyo Food Co-op will be hosting another yard sale on Saturday, Sept 21 from 8 AM-3 PM at the store (494 N. Wilson Ave, Pasadena). There will also be a lemonade stand, a masseuse, and a knife sharpener. Also, Transition Pasadena who will be running a Placemaking Planting Project. Stop by and help raise funds to open our Co-op.
- The Friends of the Altadena Library host local soap-maker Anne Louise Bannon in a workshop on how to make your own healthy, luxurious, and soothing soaps using all natural ingredients at a program sponsored by the Friends of the Altadena Library. This free event will take place on Saturday, September 21, from 2-4 PM in the Library Community Room, Altadena Main Library, 600 E. Mariposa St.
Friday, Sept. 20
- The LACMA Art+ Film Lab will be open at Charles White Park all weekend.
- Family Dance Night at Sue B. Dance studio today, 6-7 PM; admission $5, under 4 free. 2525 N. Lake Ave.,
Saturday, Sept. 21
- Ewaste and gently-used clothing drop-off event at Loma Alta Park from 9 AM-2 PM. Electronics: Applies to consumer electronic equipment that is no longer wanted. E-waste can include computers, printers, televisions, VCRs, cell phones, fax machines, stereos, electronic games, and more...Clothing & Shoes: gently used, unsoiled and wearable. Proof of Altadena residence is required: please bring your driver's license or a utility bill. For more information, call Athens Services at (877) 764-5551 or visit www.AthensServices.com.
- Christmas Tree Lane Light’s Up: Come join your neighbors and friends beginning Saturday, September 14, 2013, from 9 AM-12 PM for “Lights Up”. As long as the weather permits, we will be putting lights in the trees every Saturday and Sunday thereafter from 9 to 12 until all the trees are finished. In the morning you will be greeted with donuts, coffee and hot chocolate and after 12 PM, lunch will be served.
- Bulgarini Gelato's summer movie is Manon of the Spring: A beautiful but shy shepherdess plots vengeance on the men whose greedy conspiracy to acquire her father's land caused his death years earlier. - Slightly adjusted hours with the shorter days: dinner will be served at 7 PM, and film begins at sundown. Movies are always free. Gelato served throughout. Dinner will be offered - by reservation only - for $13.50, which will include a homemade pasta dish, salad, and a drink. Reservations may be made by Friday (the day before the film) by email at email@example.com by calling (626) 376-7662.Bulgarini Gelato is at 749 E. Altadena Drive.
Sunday, Sept. 22
- The Folly Bowl's final concert of the year is the ensemble Tesserae featuring some of the most bizarre and quirky pieces of the Renaissance and Baroque periods, from the slightly obsessive compulsive canzoni by Vierdanck to the flamboyant and fantastic instrumental sonatas by Castello. Please bring a picnic to enjoy as the sun sets. All trash should be packed out. 1601 East Loma Alta Drive. Free admission - suggested donation $15